Thursday, August 19, 2010

New Furniture!! and a receipt!!!!

I got a call today to say the sofa is ready. I just have to go there, charge the rest on my credit card and make arrangements to have it delivered. Oh joy! The two IKEA armchairs already have found a new home, so have two parsons' tables, also from IKEA, now I just need to take the futon apart and recycle the wood and I'm set for the new sofa. As soon as I have a delivery date I will know when to do that.

Tomorrow and the day after I will go with two different friends to the Gem Faire and stock up on supplies.

How come some people have such a hard time accepting a gift?
I made a really nice necklace for one of them from lapis lazuli and silver beads for her graduation from the nursing program that made her an LVN. She accepted it gracefully.
The other one practically had a coniption  fit when I told her to pick some beads/stones for a necklace and I would make it for a birthday gift. Oh no, she wanted to pay for it. What kind of a gift is that? She finally agreed to it under protest. I hope she picks some decent stones, my work will be most of her gift. She always wants to reciprocate for everything. That takes away from the feeling of giving. The stones are relatively cheap (just jasper) considering what the finished product would sell for, so I don't know what the big deal is about it. My labor is one of laove and cannot be paid for when I am giving it for a gift.  She does the same thing with going out to lunch or a movie. This is not a give and take to make sure one or the other is not shortchanged. Why can't she just accept a gift, there are no strings attached.

Oh yes, I got a call from my source from out of state that the post office delivered a signed receipt from the deadbeat, this proves he received the first mailing, now off to the next one asap..

No comments:

Post a Comment